The YMCA will re-open on June 8.
COVID-19 Membership Update 5/27/20
The YMCA will be opening our doors to our members on Monday, June 8.
We’ve been carefully planning to reopen our facilities and reactivate key programs in the safest manner possible so you can access the services and support you miss and need the most.
We’re following guidance from health experts and local officials to determine the safest way to serve everyone in our community.
We’re doing everything possible to ensure our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe physical/social distancing practices.
Temporary changes for your safety and the safety of others:
- Members must wear masks when entering our facility, but not during a workout of any kind. Masks are not required for anyone with a medical condition. We won’t ask if you are not wearing one to protect privacy.
- Staff and members must pass through temperature checks and be fever free to access the facility.
- Please call ahead or use our app to utilize the YMCA in June. Members can utilize areas of the Y in 45 minute blocks/4 days per week. App will allow scheduling a week in advance. Walk-ins are not permitted.
- Youth will be permitted to utilize the gym with an adult family member.
- Please bring your own water bottle, sweat towel and/or shower towel.
- Locker Rooms will not be open for use, except for lap swimmers.
- Guests will not be permitted to use the YMCA until further notice.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of the facility will occur every hour for 15 minutes.
- Some cardio machines will be temporarily out of service in our wellness center to promote social distancing.
- Clorox wipes will be available in the wellness center, restrooms and lobby area. Extra hand sanitizer available in hallways. Paper towels have been added to restrooms.
- Some areas and services will be temporarily unavailable including coffee service, water exercise classes, child watch, indoor sports, indoor group exercise rentals, and activities.
The way we’ll interact with each other will be different, but at the Y, you’ll always be able to connect with people, improve your health and wellness, nurture your children’s potential and help strengthen our community. We assure you, these changes are temporary.
Jim Carner, Scenic Rivers YMCA Board Chair
Tom Spence, Scenic Rivers YMCA CEO
Sign up for Our Newsletter & Promotions