The YMCA is OPEN
COVID-19 Membership Update 9/17/20
THE YMCA IS OPEN
We are excited to welcome you back to the Y. Our facility is open. We’ve been carefully planning to reactivate key programs in the safest manner possible so you can access the services and support you miss and need the most. We’re following guidance from health experts and local officials to determine the safest way to serve everyone in our community.
We’re doing everything possible to ensure our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe physical/social distancing practices.
- Members must wear masks when entering our facility and throughout common areas, but not during workouts. Those with medical conditions preventing them from wearing a mask will not be required to wear a mask.
- Youth will be permitted to utilize the gym and pool with an adult family member. Youth 12+ can utilize the Y without a parent present.
- Please bring your own water bottle, sweat towel and/or shower towel.
- Locker Rooms are open.
- Nationwide Members (from other YMCAs) will not be permitted to use the YMCA until further notice. Guests are permitted to utilize the YMCA for a fee.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of the facility will occur at regular intervals daily.
- Clorox wipes will be available in the wellness center, restrooms and lobby area. Extra hand sanitizer available in hallways. Paper towels have been added to restrooms.
- Some areas and services will be temporarily unavailable. Child Watch has returned. Please check our schedule.
- Basketball is now permitted in the gym.
The way we’ll interact with each other will be different, but at the Y, you’ll always be able to connect with people, improve your health and wellness, nurture your children’s potential and help strengthen our community. We assure you, these changes are temporary.
Jim Carner, Scenic Rivers YMCA Board Chair
Tom Spence, Scenic Rivers YMCA CEO
Sign up for Our Newsletter & Promotions