CLARION COUNTY YMCA
Snow Maintenance – Grounds
The YMCA is hiring a part-time person to fill the position of Snow Maintenance – Grounds. Hours will not exceed 28 per week, but will vary depending on weather conditions.
Responsible for clearing of snow from parking lot and areas around building, sidewalks, salting of the parking areas and sidewalks. Informing supervisor on when supplies are low. Maintaining salt truck, being responsible for all equipment associated with performing the job. Preparing exteriors of the facility to serve its membership.
- Care for equipment is a priority. Make sure shed is locked up when done with work.
- Plowing of parking lots and sidewalks – spreading salt.
- Operating a snow blower.
- Shoveling snow, clearing parking lots. Operating hand-push salt spreader as well.
- Any other duties related to preparing the YMCA exteriors to serve the public during the winter months.
- Must be available early mornings before 5 am, and on-call as needed to plow during mid-morning, afternoons & evenings as necessitated by snow fall/ice accumulation. Also available weekends to plow & clear sidewalks.
- Carrying and loading 50-lb salt bags.
- Must be able to pay attention to weather reports, predict when heavy snow & ice will hit – and make good judgements about when to clear the parking lots.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Previous experience using a truck for snow plowing properties or personal use.
- Ability to quickly learn how to operate snow plow truck, salt spreader, & operate manual transmission.
- Knowledge of how to hook up a plow/salt-spreader to a truck. Engage/disengage.
- Physical skills, ability to operate a salt spreader, walk-behind, shovel snow, etc.
- High School Diploma.
- Exterior (outdoors) work experience is a plus.
- Basic automotive knowledge is desired.
- Driver’s License.
Applications will be accepted through December 16. Printable applications are available online at www.clarioncountyymca.org/resources. Apply in-person or to Henry Sherman, Property Manager at email@example.com.
Lifeguard – Opening Shift
The YMCA is seeking a lifeguard to work the opening shift from approximately 6 am to 9 am daily. Current lifeguard certification, CPR and First Aid are required. Ages 16+. For more information, please contact Katie Neely, Program and Aquatics Director, at the Clarion County YMCA at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 814-764-3400.
Child Care Assistant Teachers
Make a difference in the life of a child! The Clarion County YMCA Child Care Center is hiring part-time child care staff to work as assistant teachers. To apply, fill out an application. Applications are available at www.clarioncountyymca.org/resources. Must be at least 18 years old and must be able to obtain clearances and first aid/CPR certification.
Apply by November 3 to Michelle Miller, Child Care Director, email@example.com or mail application to YMCA Younger Years Child Care Center, 499 Mayfield Road, Clarion, PA 16214.
Spin Class Instructors
The YMCA is hiring part-time Spin Class Instructors to teach cycling classes in the evenings and on Saturdays. Class schedule is flexible and can be made around the instructor’s schedule. An outgoing and friendly personality is a must. To apply, fill out an application. Applications are available at www.clarioncountyymca.org/resources. Must be at least 18 years old and must be able to obtain clearances and first aid/CPR certification.
Apply by November 3 to Jesse Kelley, Branch Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail application to Clarion County YMCAr, 499 Mayfield Road, Clarion, PA 16214.
Night Cleaning Staff
The YMCA is hiring a Night Cleaning Person to work approximately 28 hours a week from 9 pm to 2 am weeknights and 5-9 pm on Saturdays. Benefits include a free YMCA membership, retirement after 2 years of work.
Apply by November 3 to Henry Sherman, Maintenance Supervisor at email@example.com or mail application to Clarion County YMCA, 499 Mayfield Road, Clarion, PA 16214. Application for employment available at www.clarioncountyymca.org/resources.
Applications available at www.clarioncountyymca.org/resources or apply in person at the YMCA.
Printable applications are available HERE.
OIL CITY YMCA
The Oil City YMCA has employment opportunities. CLICK HERE to view.
The Scenic Rivers Association does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.